The power of diesel engine is defined on one engine do work per hour, it is main promformance of engine running.
The power unit is KW or HP, 1HP=1.36KW.
The power Category:
1. Rate power: one engine do work max output power under normal running.
2. Max power: it is top power limit.
3. Coutinous power: it refers to continous output power under one standard rule. different type engines have different rule. The load is 80%-100%. In general, 12hours or 24 hours. it is so called Continous duty, in short CON. it runs on 5000-8000 hours at one year.
4. Intermittent duty (INT) under load variation, 6 hours out of ever 12 with full load, the speed is under 90% RPM at CON and 50% Load factor, it runs on 1000-3000 hours at one year, so called Medium Contiuous duty, MCD.
5. Heavy duty (HD): under loader variation, 10 hours out of ever 12 with full load,30%-80% load, it runs on 3000-5000 hours at one year. 6. High output duty (HO) undre load variation, less than 80$ speed, 30% load factor, it runs on under 1000 hours at one year.